About the Company
Ekco is a specialist Managed Infrastructure Services business, offering local support with a global reach through our offices across the UK, Ireland, and the Netherlands. We specialise in enabling companies to progress along the path of cloud maturity, managing transformation, and driving better outcomes from our customers’ existing technology investments. We are a young company with a flat hierarchy that is growing through acquisition and aspire to be one of the top five IT service providers globally.
Our innovative Transformation-as-a-Service approach and our ability to deliver flexible infrastructures across customer environments, our own private infrastructure, and public cloud technologies coupled with our responsive, agile, and above-all hugely capable technical teams are why our customers choose us above larger, slower-moving competitors. We deliver solutions and services from traditional VMware-based infrastructure; Backup & DR, to public cloud management with AWS, Azure, and Google; as well as newer PaaS, DevOps, and Container solutions such as managed Kubernetes.
Following continued expansion through 2020 and into 2021, we are searching for a talented Senior Network Engineer, experienced in delivering both on premises and cloud network infrastructure, to join our dynamic and growing technical team based between Edinburgh and Glasgow.
Architecture and Orchestration
Our clients and internal stakeholders are looking for assistance integrating and connecting datacentres and cloud infrastructure. Ekco are a multinational ISP and the ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of datacenter connectivity, OSPF, BGP and DDoS Mitigation.
Ekco’s datacenter environments require expert setup and configuration in line with best-practice guidelines, complete with the requisite monitoring and alerting necessary for ongoing support.
The ideal candidate will also work with network engineers from other parts of the organization throughout Europe to participate in the design and rollout of a core network refresh using shiny new technology in 2021/2022.
Customer Support, Service Delivery and Consultancy
Ecko are assisting new and existing customers on their journey to cloud, from either on-prem or other private or public cloud services, and to deploy new environments or services.
Ekco provides first-class service, providing responsive, agile support to our expanding partner/client base. As a senior network engineer your responsibilities include responding to customer requests for expert advice/consulting, responding to major incidents, write detailed implementation plans for network changes, and working with our solution and pre-sales team to produce detailed specifications for RFP’s.
Requirements of the role
· Highly proficient in routing and switching
· Detailed understanding of network routing and switching protocols including OSPF, BGP, STP, VRRP.
· Detailed understanding of firewalls, VPNs, network security and traffic management
· Working knowledge of AWS and/or Azure cloud network services – ALB/NLB, Network Security Groups, Firewalls, and DDoS Protection
· Working knowledge of public cloud connectivity technologies and methods including Gateways, Express Route, Direct Connect
· Working knowledge of Oxidized, RANCID, or other network backup tools
· Management and deployment of network monitoring solutions
· High standard of written documentation and annotated diagrams
· Confident in obtaining requirements and creating designs to meet technical challenges for our customers
· Experience of automated deployment of cloud or physical network infrastructure
· Experience in building highly available modern network solutions
· WAN and ISP integration skills
· Recent experience in rolling out and/or refreshing datacenter core networks
· Experience with software-defined networks, automation, and API integration.
· Confident self-starter. Able to learn quickly, use your own initiative, and be motivated to get the job done effectively
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Able to balance risk and reward
· Hands-on, self-organized, innovative, accountable, versatile
· Be able to work under pressure and with uncertainty
· Professional and possesses high person standards
· Self-motivated to learn new technologies (evidence self-taught development)
Your application was submitted successfully.