About the company:
Ekco is an innovator in cloud solutions, working with global customers and partners to deliver a comprehensive suite of end-to-end managed IT services. Formed in 2016, Ekco (formerly Internet Corp) has teams and offices located across Ireland, Netherlands, and the United Kingdom.
We help companies embrace the cloud revolution, transforming the way IT professionals operate by managing their systems and data securely. By leading their IT resilience, we guarantee peace of mind and the foundations to scale business with a fully managed support system.
Ekco is built on integrity and a personal approach with customers which offers a true partnership. Likewise, our team members enjoy a culture which promotes collaboration in a family friendly working environment, as well as supporting autonomy, self-development, and a commitment to our shared goal of delivering market leading IT services.
About the role
We are currently undergoing a period of rapid expansion in 2020 and searching for a talented Senior Windows Engineer to join our dynamic and growing team located in Richmond upon Thames. This role has arisen to help support the growing team, and support the Service Delivery Director managing our helpdesk and providing an excellent service to our customers!
Responsibilities of role
- The ideal candidate will be truly passionate about IT and have at least five years’ experience in an IT technical role supporting Windows Server platforms in a VMware environment or Azure.
- You will be happy liaising with customers in person and over the phone as most of our support and consultancy is provided remotely.
- You should be able to explain technical issues in easily understood terms.
- You will need to be able to work in a team and help ensure we meet or exceed our SLAs.
- You will be responsible for managing your own time and should have strong project management skills as you will be working on multiple projects at the same time.
- You will be expected to join the on call, out of hours rota, and work outside of standard M-F office hours on occasion for planned maintenance activities.
Essential Candidate Skills and Experience
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 Expert level
- VMware vSphere deployments as well as physical server deployments
- Troubleshooting IT issues both logical and physical
- Solid Customer Facing experience and good communication skills
- Good general knowledge of RDSH, VDI, and DaaS in general
- Azure and 365 deployment experience including Hybrid and Cut-over methods for Exchange migrations
- Ability to research and propose new services, solutions, tools, to customers and the team when needs arise
- Be able to proffer proactive advice and technical guidance to customers
- Good all-round generalist infrastructure knowledge, e.g. Firewalls, Switches, Routers, Storage Platforms, etc
Nice to have, but not essential, experience
- Team leadership experience or a desire to step up and manage a small helpdesk team
- Knowledge of Microsoft App-V deployment
- Knowledge of Microsoft System Centre
- Working knowledge of Linux (Redhat, CentOS, Debian or Ubuntu)
- Mobile phone or contribution to BYOD
- Company Laptop
- Private healthcare (following successful probation)
- Workplace pension scheme
- Product training and ongoing mentoring from across the group
- Occasional international travel (to customer offices or group office locations)
- Ability to work from home on occasion when required
Strictly no recruitment agency assistance required