About the Company
In January 2020, Cloudhelix (www.cloudhelix.io ) became part of the Ekco (www.ek.co) group, with colleagues and subsidiaries now located across UK, Ireland, and Netherlands. We are currently searching for a talented Agile Project Manager for a contract position to help deliver a number of exciting cloud projects.
Cloudhelix is a boutique UK cloud service provider, we specialise in enabling companies to progress along the path of cloud maturity while driving better outcomes from our customers’ existing technology investments.
Our ability to deliver flexible infrastructures utilising both private and public cloud technologies coupled with our responsive, agile, and above-all hugely capable technical teams is why our customers choose us above larger, slower-moving competitors and our innovative Transformation-as-a-Service approach separates us from other competitors. Services range from traditional VMware-based infrastructure; Backup & DR, to public cloud management with AWS, Azure, and Google; as well as newer PaaS & Dev-Ops and Containerisation services.
The Role Requirements
The Agile Project Manager will be accountable for leading and driving customer application modernisation and cloud transformation projects and will play a key role in helping to continuously improve operational effectiveness, and drive business flexibility, scalability and growth. The successful Agile Project Manager will have a passion for problem solving, driving change, and bringing people with them on the journey. The Agile Project Manager will manage key application modernisation and cloud centric projects from discovery through to delivery to optimise technology capabilities, transform business processes and ultimately deliver value back to customers.
The successful Agile Project Manager will have a strong understanding and background in delivering complex transformation projects focused around cloud, devops and application modernisation. The ideal candidate will be London based, but could also be located in Reading or Brighton as we have offices in each of these areas.
- Refine and adapt Cloudhelix’s agile delivery framework
- Lead the delivery of projects through Discovery, Build and Adoption to agreed outcomes
- Drive strong relationships with key stakeholders and subject matter experts both internally and externally
- Work with key members of the business to define change management approach where new systems/capabilities require business process change
- Managing dependencies, risks, plans, costs and resourcing for each project and dependencies across interlinked projects
- Work closely with the Delivery team, Cloud Architects, engineers, stakeholders and executives to deliver complex technology solutions that produce business value
- Ability to problem solve and lead teams towards creative solutions to ensure that budget, schedule, scope and quality are all managed for overall project success
- Manage and maintain standard project tools and templates including project schedule, issues logs, risk summary, status reports, meeting minutes, etc.
- Communicate project status to all levels of corporate personnel to ensure expectations are clearly maintained
- Minimum 5 years of experience in agile project delivery
- Proven experience in delivering and managing complex Cloud transformation and application modernisation projects
- A good technical understanding of cloud and devops principles
- Agile methodology PM experience, ideally having progressed from Prince / Waterfall into more agile project management
- Experience managing Cloud delivery projects that leverage technologies from traditional VMware-based infrastructure; public cloud management with AWS, Azure, and Google; as well as newer PaaS & DevOps services etc
- Governance - effective reporting and escalation through a waterfall governance process including risks, issues, dependencies, progress and budgets.
- Experience working with Product Managers to define the roadmap for any given product and translate this into user stories
- Experience in facilitating the necessary and appropriate agile ceremonies including, daily stand-ups, planning meetings, showcases, and retrospectives.
- Problem solving - ability to identify potential problems and issues proactively and work through them to effective conclusion
- Team working - ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a range of established professionals and specialists - both internally and externally
- Able to identify, document and communicate issues/risks and dependencies
- Excellent communication, presentation, influencing, and reasoning skills.
Nice to haves
- Understanding of core marketing and / or sales concepts
- Prior application delivery experience
- PMI / ACP certification
- SCRUM Master certification